Monday, February 6, 2012

Short Stories - My Other Stuff

Well hello again everyone! I bet you thought I had disappeared off the face of the Earth, but alas, here I am.


First off, I do plan on posting my first actual tutorial soon - hopefully this weekend. I have bracers I need to make and I would like to share that with everyone. I wanted to have this completed already but that brings me to my second comment...


An "other stuff" hobby of mine is short story writing. As part of a New Year's resolution this year, I've started taking this more seriously. As luck would have it, BioWare, my all time favourite game developing company, was holding a short story contest to celebrate the December release of their new novel, Asunder. So to stay true to my resolution, I put together an entry and submitted it at the start of January.


Low and behold, last week I found out that out of 400+ entries, I won! EEEeeee!!  Check out that excitement here if you're interested: http://blog.bioware.com/2012/02/01/asunder-winning-entries/


So needless to say, my head has been in the clouds and all my plans have been thrown out the window! But I just wanted to share a bit of other stuff and let you know that my feet will soon touch the ground and I'll be running when they do :)


(And for anyone who is interested in the actual story, you can find it here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7798510/1/Last_Strands_of_Childhood )

1 comment:

  1. That is super cool that you won a writing contest! I can't really say that I am surprised, though, I remember you being very talented from our old gaming days.

    ReplyDelete